Distribution transformers are “mass production equipment”; high testing-throughput is a must without compromising quality. Our DTTS aims at a highly automated test procedure using well-prepared sequences and minimal manual intervention to keep the test duration of a single transformer as short as possible and to avoid human errors. The DTTS is a multifunctional tool, including all routine tests (induced voltage, load loss, no-load loss), partial discharge, and heat run test within one unique system, and capable of testing both dry type and oil immersed distribution transformers. All supported tests are performed in conformity with IEC and IEEE/ANSI standards.
The system includes a frequency converter, which is a compact, clean and silent power supply and replaces the traditionally used motor generator sets. The possibility to supply at different frequencies independent from the power supply frequency allows testing at 50/60 Hz and also to perform the induced voltage test up to 200 Hz. Additionally, a decoupling of the feeding power mains is achieved and the stability, symmetry, and total harmonic distortion (THD) parameters depend only on the control structure of the frequency converter, providing the highest accuracy testing.
The DTTS can be expanded further to include a compact trolley system for testing of winding resistance, turns ratio, and insulation resistance. The system can also be expanded with an AC transformer for applied voltage testing.
DATA SHEET: DTTS Distribution Transformer Test System
- Models available for 3 phase transformer testing up to 5,000 kVA
- State of the art frequency converter (up to 200 Hz)
- Powerful operating software with intuitive interface and automated test sequences
- The highest accuracy and the only completely calibrated and certified measurement system
- The lowest system noise level allowing highly sensitive partial discharge measurements
- Integrates all routine tests within one unique system
- Reduced testing time
- Plug and Play
- Centralized controlling and reporting
- Easy integration into existing production lines
- Excellent stability, symmetry, and THD parameters for enhanced accuracy