The High Precision Dielectric Loss Analyzing System 2823 is designed for measurement of very low dielectric losses and impedances (dissipation factor and power factor) of high voltage apparatus (e.g. extruded insulation on power cables).
The instrument works on the principle of a combined bridge-vector-meter and it is capable of analyzing capacitive and inductive loads – especially shunt reactors – with outstanding accuracy and stability.
The use of optically decoupled connection allows complete galvanic isolation between control room and test field, and guarantees the highest safety level to the test personnel.
BROCHURE: IDAS 2823
IDAS 2823 Features
- Extremely high accuracy: Capacitance 0.1% and Tan Delta 5×10-5
- Compact, reliable, and EMC hardened design
- Optically decoupled from computer
- Up to 15 A input current with auto range
- Extremely low input impedance
- Industrial Lemo and fiber optic connectors
- Proven performance in high volume manufacturing environments increase production efficiency
- Connect and forget, no battery pack or recharge needed
- Galvanic connection and improved safety as the control operator is isolated from the high voltage laboratory
- Simple connection to test objects without external shunts or hardware reconnections due to the high input current range
- Increased linearity and extended frequency measuring range up to 1kHz
- Backwards compatible with older instruments as the same connectors have been used for over 40 years
- Plug and play, out of the box solution with the accumulated know-how from hundreds of instruments installed in all kinds of environments