Damped Oscillatory Wave Generator
BROCHURE: IMMUNITY TEST SYSTEM
DATASHEET: DOW3000 INFOSHEET
Repetitive damped oscillatory waves are phenomena associated with the opening and closing of high voltage (HV) busbars in high voltage and medium voltage power transmission stations. The physical environment influences the fundamental oscillation frequency and repetition of the impulses. The most common type of switch used in power distribution is an air insulated type which has been measured as generating damped oscillatory impulses up to 1MHz with a repetition rate up to 400Hz. Damped oscillatory impulses up to 1MHz are termed “Slow Waves”.
DOW3000 is a configurable test system that can be extended for Slow Wave, Fast Wave, Impulse Voltage Test or any combination of all three. This provides optimum and cost efficient capabilities to a wide spectrum of users. This unique system includes an integrated 32A three phase CDN which enables both Slow and Fast DOW signals to be directly injected into the EUT. Additionally, DOW3000 is the first tester with integrated 0.5J impulse, required together with the DOW, for product standard testing.
A modern user interface provides an easy to follow menu structure. Graphic and contextual help functions make operation simple and efficient.
- IEC 61000-4-10 Damped Oscillatory Magnetic Field
- IEC 61000-4-18 Power Line Damped Oscillatory Wave Test
- IEC 61000-4-12 1995: "Ring Wave"
- ANSI C37.90 Surge Withstand Capability for Relays and Relay System
- IEC 60255-27 Measuring Relays and Protection Equipment
- IEC 62052-11 Electricity Metering Equipment (AC) General Conditions