The Service Engineer shall be a motivated and organized individual with the responsibility to evaluate, repair, and calibrate customer high voltage (HV) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) test equipment and devices. Advanced electrical and electronic knowledge allows them to troubleshoot and solve issues, which may be explained in repair manuals or through work orders issued by the company. Service engineers travel to on-site customer locations, as required by customers, to conduct installation, commissioning, and training services for larger system sales, as well as for calibration services.
The ideal candidate shall possess an electrical engineering degree and have excellent customer service and communications skills. This position will also require frequent travel (mostly domestic).
- Support to ensure timely and complete resolution of repair/warranty issues.
- Will implement proactive actions and events to identify opportunities for quality and consistent improvement in products and services.
- Installs, services, and repairs high-voltage electrical/electronic equipment and devices.
- Responds to customer inquiries, troubleshoots problems and instructs customers in maintenance, operation and proper use of the equipment.
- Responds to customer inquiries and prepares quotes for calibration, repair, or replacement parts.
- Support Sales department with applications engineering, technical advice, service requests, and demonstrations.
- Travels to customers for repair, calibration, commissioning set up, or training as needed.
- Travel to suppliers for training, as needed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating customer equipment such as HV Impulse Systems, HV Test Systems, and EMC Test Systems at both our repair facility in Manassas, VA and on the customer site.
- Evaluate incoming units for repair or service, and notify customers of required actions to the equipment.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- BSEE (or equivalent) with 3 years of experience in a related industry a plus, or any combination of experience and education that demonstrates competence
- Background in high-voltage test and repair of digital electronic measurement systems is a plus.
- Position requires frequent travel, mostly domestic
HVT offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits such as health, dental, vacation, and retirement accounts.
Adequate training will be provided by the company.
Please send your resume to:
Dominique Bolliger, Vice President email@example.com